Sunday, June 19, 2005

Belgium-Bound!

Atlantic ... is now the new frontier. Eight years ago I crossed the Pacific to continue my education. Then I crossed the Mississippi to begin my professional career. Along the way, I took a detour over the Pacific to support a new facility start-up.

"Life was like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get.": Forrest Gump

And in two weeks, I am crossing the Atlantic to begin my next phase of life in the EU city of Ieper, Belgium.

I have been fortunate. Each time I reflected on how I could measure a year that passed by, there were always more than 365 unforgettable moments, more than 52 interesting jpeg snaps, and more than 12 new places visited. And an almost infinite number of special friends.

Wow. I am sad: I have to part with so much in the United States of America. My friends, my lunch group, my house, my car, my mentor, ... you know, you never really appreciate all the things that you have in life until it is time to part with them. I'm scared: I don't know what to expect; I don't even speak the language. But I'm excited: I'm anxious to start working on my new assignments and to sort out all the challenges.

"Why do we fall Master Wayne? To learn to pick ourselves up!": Alfred Pennyworth--Batman Begins

"I don't believe it!": Luke Skywalker, after seeing Yoda lifted the X-Wing up from the swamp
"That is why you fail.": Yoda--The Empire Strikes Back

To remind myself: Life in the new world has never been easy, and never will. But you should NEVER give up. Somehow, you've always worked it out, because you kept trying. And believe that you always will, somehow, eventually. Have faith in this.

"With great power, comes great responsibility.": Ben Parker--Spiderman
"It's not what you are underneath but what you do that defines you.": Rachel Dawes--Batman Begins

BE HUMBLE, and BE THANKFUL to the people that helped you become what you are. You did not get there on your own, and you never would have. Remember the ultimate goal. It is to measure each year in life in laughters, in joys, in loves, in new learnings; in the different ways of becoming a better person.

No comments: